Intra Transferee Specialized Knowledge Visa – Non-immigrant visa: L-1B

Falling in the non-immigrant visa category, L-1B gives entry to foreign nationals in the United States as intracompany transferees. Under the special visa program, US-based companies can transfer employees working in their branches in other countries to the US. However, employers can only transfer professionals with specialized knowledge around a company’s work.

Here, specialized knowledge means transferred individuals must be aware of the petitioning employers’ or organizations’ products, services, and the current position in the international market. The professional employees to be transferred should have an advanced level of knowledge about the organization.

L-1B also allows foreign companies, who yet do not have an office in the US, to transfer their professionals with specialized knowledge to establish a business in the country and start an office. A company or an employer can petition for L-1B on behalf of foreign employees.

Requirements For L-1B Visa

There are multiple requirements that petitioners must meet to make sure they apply for L-1B in the right way.

  • Employers can start by filing Form I-129, petition for a non-immigrant worker.
  • Petitioners must be doing business in the US or planning to set up an office in the country.
  • To qualify for the L-1B visa, foreign nationals must have specialized knowledge related to the company.
  • Foreign employers planning to set up business in the US must have physical premises in the US and funds to begin the business.

Get In Touch With Experienced Immigration Attorney

In addition to paperwork, there are certain requirements that petitioners must meet while applying for a L-1B visa. Hiring a L-1B visa lawyer can assist you in following all the USCIS regulations. We have an experienced immigration law team who can provide you with the guidance to fill the visa application and other necessary paperwork in the proper/required manner and eliminate possible errors.