Intracompany Transferee Executive/Manager Visa – Non-immigrant Visa: L-1A

Visa under non-immigrant visa program by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services agency, L-1A is for executives or managers of a US-based company in foreign nations. It is available as an intracompany transfer visa. It allows a US employer or organization to transfer a manager or an executive to its office in the US from its branches in other countries on a temporary basis.

The non-immigrant program also provides a foreign company with an opportunity to send a manager or an executive to the US with an objective to set up an office in the country. Employers or organizations can file for visa on the behalf of executives or managers to be transferred to the US.

The foreign nationals to be transferred can also bring their spouses and children, who aren’t over 21 years of age. They can get an entry in the US under L-2 non-immigrant classification.

L-1A Visa Requirements

US-based employees or organizations can apply for L-1A visa on behalf of foreign nationals to be transferred to the US. To qualify for the classification, they have to meet certain requirements.

  • They need to file a petition for a non-immigrant worker by submitting Form I-129 on behalf of a foreign nation’s executives or managers.
  • Foreign nationals to be transferred to the US should have a relationship with the company in their country.
  • The petitioners must provide a proof to show its viable business in the US. New offices in the country have to show secured and sufficient physical premises.

Get In Touch With Experienced Immigration Attorney

In addition to paperwork, there are certain requirements that petitioners must meet while applying for a L-1A visa. Hiring a L-1A visa lawyer can assist you in following all the USCIS regulations. We have an experienced immigration law team who can provide you with the guidance to fill the visa application and other necessary paperwork in the proper/required manner and eliminate possible errors.