Trainee/Special Education Exchange Visa – Non-Immigrant H-3 Visa

Non-Immigrant visa for foreign nationals, H-3 visa program allows temporary entry in the US to trainees and special education exchange visitors from other countries. Under the program by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), they are allowed in the US after an individual or an organization files for H-3 visa on their behalf. The authorized visa holders can bring their spouses and children during their non-immigration trip to the US. It is necessary to ensure that the children accompanying the visa holders aren’t above the age of 21.

In the case of H-3 trainees, an employer or organization in the US invites foreign nationals to receive training related to some jobs that the visa holders will perform outside the US. Plus, it is necessary for the sponsors to prove that the training-to-be-provided is associated with their work and there is a fixed schedule of the training.

To get the H-3 visa, petitioners must fill non-immigrant worker Form I-129 with detailed information on the nature of training or special education exchange visit. Once approved, foreign nationals are allowed to stay in the US for two years. If H-3 visa is approved for a special education exchange visit, then visa holders can live in the US for up to 18 months.

H-3 Visa Requirements

US employers or organizations can file for H-3 visa on the behalf or trainees and special education exchange visitors. To get the visa, they need to meet certain requirements.

  • Petitioners must show proofs indicating that the foreign nationals they are inviting do not have some sort of training programs in their countries.
  • They must prove that the training or the program will benefit the trainees, who plan to use the gained knowledge to do jobs outside the US.
  • Petitioners have to describe the purpose and nature of training in details. In the case of a special education exchange visitor, the petitioner must inform about the foreign national’s participation in a program.

Get In Touch With Experienced Immigration Attorney

In addition to paperwork, there are certain requirements that petitioners must meet while applying for a H-3 visa. Hiring a H-3 visa lawyer can assist you in following all the USCIS regulations. We have an experienced immigration law team who can provide you with the guidance to fill the visa application and other necessary paperwork in the proper/required manner and eliminate possible errors.