Student Visa – Non-immigrant Visa: F-1 Visa

Non-immigrant visa, F-1 is a student visa for foreign nationals who want to study in the US as full-time students. The visa classification covers all those individuals who want to apply for elementary school or university-level education. Interested international students can apply for the visa only when a US-based institution accepts their application for a study program.

There is no cap on F-1 visas issued by the US Department of State. Although it gives a temporary entry in the US, visa holders can study any kinds of educational programs for a long time. They can stay in the country for two months after completing their education.

The F-1 visa is for full-time students. Spouses and non-married children of F-1 visa holders can also travel with them through F-2 visas. Institutions in the US also have a notable role in F-1 visas, especially in the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). They can have SEVP certification through Form I-17.

Requirements For F-1 Visa

  • Petitioners must prove that they get admission in an institution that is a part of SEVP.
  • They have to provide proofs showing that you do not have any reason to abandon your home country.
  • Interested candidates must showcase that they have sufficient funds to cover the study expenses and stay in the US.
  • Petitioners must have proficiency in the English language.

Get In Touch With Experienced Immigration Attorney

In addition to paperwork, there are certain requirements that petitioners must meet while applying for a F-1 visa. Hiring a F-1 visa lawyer can assist you in following all the USCIS regulations. We have an experienced immigration law team who can provide you with the guidance to fill the visa application and other necessary paperwork in the proper/required manner and eliminate possible errors.