Extraordinary Ability Visa – Non-immigrant Visa: O-1
O-1 is a non-immigrant visa for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability or achievement. The visa program gives entry to people with remarkable abilities in their fields, such as arts, athletics, science, or a business sector. In addition, those who prove extraordinary achievement in the entertainment industry like television can also apply for the non-resident US visa. Only individuals recognized nationally or internationally for their extraordinary work in the entertainment industry can obtain the O-1 visa.
There are few other visa types that come under O non-immigrant classification.
- O-1A: Foreign nationals who prove their remarkable ability in sectors like education, business, science, and athletics are eligible for O-1A non-immigrant visa. Those with extraordinary ability in arts and entertainment industry are excluded from this visa type.
- O-1B: Only those foreign nationals qualify for the visa who have extraordinary ability in the entertainment industry- especially television and motion picture.
- O-2: The non-immigrant visa is for those individuals who are accompanying O-1 visa holders during the trip to the US.
- O-3: Foreign nationals who are spouses or unmarried children of O-1 and O-2 visa holders are eligible for the O-3 visa.
Requirements For O-1
To prove eligibility for an O-1 visa, a petitioner must prove extraordinary skills. In addition, the applicants must also ensure the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that they are coming to the US for a temporary stay.
- Petitioners can start with filing Form I-129.
- To qualify for the visa, the beneficiary must show extraordinary achievement through a degree.
- Initial time to stay will be up to three years. USCIS can extend it considering the time required to complete an event.
Get In Touch With Experienced Immigration Attorney
In addition to paperwork, there are certain requirements that petitioners must meet while applying for a O-1 visa. Hiring a O-1 visa lawyer can assist you in following all the USCIS regulations. We have an experienced immigration law team who can provide you with the guidance to fill the visa application and other necessary paperwork in the proper/required manner and eliminate possible errors.